Personal Learning Communities are a great way for teachers to meet together and share what they are doing in the classroom. There are great tools available now on the Internet that will make that time available anywhere. .
- Diigo – Social Bookmarking Site that allows you to create a group and share bookmarks, highlight and write comments on sites for others to see.
- Google Docs for Education – Online word processor, spreadsheet, presentation editor that allows teachers and students to collaborate to together online in real time.
- Skype – Make free/cheap calls over the Internet
- Teachers 2.0 – Teachers helping teachers learn new technology tools.
- Wikispaces – Allows for teachers to teachers to create content, share and edit.
- uStream – Hook up a camcorder to a computer that is connected to the Internet and have instant Live video broadcast.
- Zoho online collaboration tools – A variety of tools available online to share documents